What Are the Earnings Like for a Digital Marketing Manager?
As of April 15, 2020, the site Glassdoor.com stated that the average pay for a digital marketing specialist is $57,473.00 per year. Their sample size was 7,080 salaries.
In this article, we will show you a few excerpts from real life job descriptions and then we will provide you with annotated links that will show where you can acquire the skills mentioned.
Digital Advertising Specialist
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving and ability to follow directions
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of online marketing and the many social engagement platforms.
- Positive attitude, customer oriented and good multitasking ability.
- Experience with Google Drive, Smartsheets, and/or digital file organization and sharing is preferred.
- Proficient at Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Able to communicate effectively with departments throughout the ministry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and high attention to detail.
- Professional knowledge of social platforms, digital ad strategies, and digital analytics.
- Able to collect, analyze, and present strategic recommendations.
- Working knowledge digital ad creation, best practices, and tracking.
- Able to generate grammatically correct, clear, and efficient written communications.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must sign the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related professional experience is required.
- Charis Bible College graduate preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in social media marketing or related field.
- Additional experience in online marketing, customer service, content creation is preferred.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Manage 20-30 digital advertising campaigns from beginning to end including but not limited to: pre-launch, analytics, post-launch.
- Work effectively with multiple departments to ensure campaign success.
- Implement, monitor, and optimize digital advertising campaigns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze digital inventory to determine what is performing best for sponsors.
- Prioritize and optimize delivery of campaigns to ensure revenue goals are hit.
- Communicate with internal departments (marketing, sales, production) and external sponsors.
- Back-stopping senior ad-ops team members with ad-hoc requests as needed.
- 2-4 years of work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing, advertising or sales role (classwork accepted as a substitute).
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and comfortable working with math and formulas.
- Must have project management experience and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Experience in either ad-serving, reporting, billing or analytics platforms is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize tasks.
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing roles
- Current certifications for Google Ads, Google Analytics, and HubSpot Inbound Marketing
- Knowledge of content marketing, SEO, social media, email marketing, and paid digital advertising best practices
- Experience implementing and optimizing paid search and paid social advertising campaigns
- Experience measuring, analyzing, and reporting digital marketing performance
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage own tasks and schedule
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm collaborating with other strategists, creatives, and account teams
- Passionate about continuous learning and professional skill development
- Familiarity with web design and HTML best practices
- OPTIONAL: Include results of any personality assessments (StrengthsFinder, DiSC, etc.)
- Experience managing paid media campaigns such as Facebook, Google, & Bing ads.
- Experience utilizing and customizing Google Analytics / Google Data Studio (*plus)
- Experience building lead gen programs including gated inbound assets and other technical strategies
- Experience generating e-commerce revenue through digital advertising
- Experience building multi-channel retargeting campaigns
- Ability to align project KPI’s with reporting & custom tracking metrics
- Lead gen and e-commerce experience combined (*plus)
- Experience managing small teams (**plus)
- Experience working with sales teams (**plus)
- 3+ years of recent, in-campaign experience managing paid media (paid social, search, display, etc)
- Agency experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to Teach, Tailor, Take Control during client & executive interactions
- Isn’t afraid to talk about money or ask difficult questions
- Strong 2-way communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project timelines
- Ability to effectively manage client communications in a professional and timely manner
- Highly motivated, self learner that can adapt to the rapidly changing ad platforms
- Understands marketing principles and can create fluid digital strategy from conception to ad delivery and on-going iterations
- Understands and can speak to all digital marketing metrics
- Understands tracking, pixels, and audience building
- Understands and can devise data driven advertising strategies
- Display the highest level of professionalism at all times
- Have a positive impact on culture and team morale
- Have a positive attitude and encourage growth and success
- Multitasking & time management skills a must
- Highly organized with attention-to-detail and consistency
- Ability to be a self-starter & self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, journalism, public relations or a related digital marketing field.
- Candidate must have experience with some of the following: content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Pinterest Ads, conversion rate optimization (CRO), link building, user experience (UX)
- Four-year degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- Industry certifications are desirable.
Where Can I Find the Skills for These Jobs?
https://citationlabs.com/ Citation labs has excellent free resources for learning how to build links, develop a content strategy, and market content. The resources come in the form of articles and podcasts. Furthermore, the site’s founder, Garrett French, has authored and co-authored two excellent and practical books on the topic of link building and they are both for sale on Amazon.
https://cloud.google.com/certification/gsuite Learn how to use Google Apps like drive, docs, and more. Training is free, certification is $37 to $75, depending on whether or not you are a student.
https://support.google.com/a/users#topic=9247638 Learn more about Google Apps. Free training, but no certification.
https://www.skillshare.com/browse/microsoft-office Start learning about Microsoft Office apps like Excel, Word, and more for free.
https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/certification Free FaceBook marketing and advertising training. Certification available for a fee.
https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/social-media?library=true HubSpot’s free Social Media Certification course.
https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/course/digital-marketing Google’s Free Digital Marketing Training and Certificatation.
https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=540-analytics-academy Learn Google Analytics and Get certified for free.
https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage More courses from Google and affiliates.
https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/inbound-marketing?library=true HubSpot’s Free Inbound Marketing Certification.
https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/catalog/browse Google Ads, Google Ad Manager free training and certifications.
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/ Learn HTML and get a certification for free.
https://www.w3schools.com/html/ Learn even more HTML for free! Certification is not free.
https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/ Google Analytics Academy. Free training and Certifications for all things Google Analytics!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FTUpceqWnc&list=PLI5YfMzCfRtag7tBfbVvA4_a6YZxWHEO4 YouTube Video Series on Google Data Studio. Published by Google Analytics.
https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6283323?hl=en Overview of Google Data Studio. Free.
https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/10 Analytics Academy Course on Google Data Studio. Free.
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/google-data-studio HubSpot’s Guide to Google Data Studio