Collecting IEP Data at Home
How should you review your child’s Individualized Education Program? Dr. Mary Montgomery, shares her outlook as an education law paralegal.
Here are a few key takeaways from this video.
- Go over the IEP one subject at a time.
- Can your child really meet the goals?
- Is the IEP more focused on behaviors?
- Look at one goal at a time and highlight the things your child cannot do.
- Ask yourself and your child what accommodations are needed?
- What are you doing to help your child? What’s the school doing?
- Your child’s response may surprise you! Get an independent evaluation with regards to where your IEP says your child is performing and where your child is actually performing. Sit down with your child and see what they are able to do.